The PASC Conference series is an international and interdisciplinary platform for the exchange of knowledge in scientific computing and computational science with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, workflows, application challenges, and novel techniques in the context of scientific usage of high performance computing.
The conference was initiated in 2014 by the Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) structuring project, which positions Swiss computational sciences in the emerging exascale era. PASC aims at promoting a joint effort to address key scientific issues in various domain sciences through interdisciplinary collaborations between computational scientists, software developers, computing centres and hardware developers within Switzerland.
The Conference is co-sponsored by the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS – a unit of ETH Zurich) and the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). The conference is managed by CSCS.
PASC24 will be held from June 3 to 5, 2024 at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
June 3 – 5, 2024
Synthesizing Applications Through Learning and Computing
The next big scientific impacts will unfold as scientific communities transcend domain boundaries to tackle interesting multidisciplinary questions. To deliver on these challenges, there is a pressing need for connected learning and computing paradigms that deliver insightful and explainable solutions. Designing novel and combined computing, learning, AI, and HPC paradigms is essential to address grand challenges at the intersection of multiple scientific domains; whether it is the impact of climate change on energy resources and food production, the economic consequences of pandemics, or the development of novel materials to build new computing platforms. The theme for PASC24 focuses on the grand challenge of combining physics-based simulations with novel machine learning and AI based methods to address interdisciplinary problems in science.
The PASC Conference seeks to engage participants from academia, research labs and industry to address important issues in HPC and computational science. PASC24 is inviting researchers from diverse scientific backgrounds to promote interdisciplinary collaboration and exchange of expertise. The conference is an opportunity for researchers in branches of science that require computer modeling and high-performance simulations to discuss computational techniques and technologies.
The technical program of PASC24 is organized around the following scientific domains:
- Chemistry and Materials (incl. ceramics, metals, and polymers)
- Climate, Weather, and Earth Sciences (incl. solid earth dynamics)
- Applied Social Sciences and Humanities (incl. behavioral, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages, the arts, ethics in computing including climate impact of HPC, biases in machine learning, etc.)
- Engineering (incl. CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering and materials, turbulent flow)
- Life Sciences (incl. biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience, and computational biology)
- Physics (incl. astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, and quantum information sciences)
- Computational Methods and Applied Mathematics
The three-day program will include keynote presentations, minisymposia, peer-reviewed papers, panels and poster sessions. The conference is co-sponsored by ACM SIGHPC, and full papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library.